Thursday, 11 December 2008

What I'm reading at the moment

It's called A Sense of Urgency and it's put a rocket up me - but in the right way.

See, when I heard the title, I groaned. We've all met people who have way too much energy, and put their own issues on you when you're already a little jaded and tired. This book is different, though.

It's talking about true urgency, a desire to move, and win, now! That's a feeling I can relate to in my best moments.

But there are dangers - on one side is complacency, the sense that things are generally ok. On the other side is false urgency, characterised by anger and anxiety. There's a lot of that going around at the moment.

So far I'm learning nothing specifically new - to my head. But to the rest of me, the stories are encouraging me to follow those practices I know work, but fail to do so often. Like maintaining a "to-stop" list, delegating, cutting out unnecessary activity, and considering the impact of my actions (not just my words).

It's a quick read, too. After a few days I'm half way through the book. Full review coming on iJumpTV soon, along with a whole heap of others.

No comments: