Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Happy Birthday mum!


Marie and I had a very special day today, took my mum out for her 70th birthday! (Don't tell anyone that's her age :)

The occasion was sweetened by the presence of Mum's sister and brother-in-law, and my sister, who was supposed to be a surprise, but - detective genes run in this family - mum had already worked it out but wasn't letting on. Still, it was fun to organise.

Lunch was at the highly recommended Aqua Matta, which I often walk past on the way from the PO Box, but had never eaten at before. Try their divine Profiterol! Sheer brilliance in between two slices of pastry.

Catching up with family all day means I'm dragging myself through the next couple of hours, doing what appears to be work. Wish me luck!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww thats really sweet. Nice personal touch.d

Simon said...

Thanks for that! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Partly because, yay for your mum, Simon, because she helped turn out a pretty great guy. And also because, no matter how hard we try, we're never able to really pull one over on my Mums either. She always sees it coming. (She also has a tendency to figure out--and blurt out--the twist endings to movies during, like, the opening credits, and solve Wheel of Fortune puzzles before any letters have appeared on the board.) LOL

Yay for moms! :)

Anonymous said...

Uh, I'm "6p00e552948df98834". I used my Typepad profile to sign in, and I didn't quite realize that it would show up so... cryptically. Yowza.

--Marissa

Simon said...

LOL! Thanks 6p00e552948df98834 ... mind if I call you 6p? ;-)