Monday, 2 April 2007

Bad, naughty TV3


Naughty TV3.

It started a while back, when I wanted to enter a competition for Campbell Live. To enter, just register on the site - it's easy and you can unregister whenever you want. Ok.

Months later, they decide to send me - without me asking - news headlines by email. I get enough email and I don't want any more. I already get TV3's headlines via RSS and that's the way I like it.

Thankfully, there is info on how to unsubscribe at the bottom. But I - and many other users - don't want info, we want a link that... just... unsubscribes... us!

As it is, I had to retrieve my long-ago forgotten password, then login and check the "don't send me stuff" box.

It doesn't sound like much but boy, adding that kind of incremental workload and information load is not a way to win friends and influence people. It's a way of spreading ill will about your brand.

TV3, are you listening?

No comments: