Business - and life - no longer has a script. Leaders must be able to adapt to life as it happens, not as they had planned.
- Knowledge. Know as much as you can about the area you'll be facing, and keep an open mind to new sources of information.
- Curiosity. You'll never know all that you need to know, so keep an open, childlike, curious mind.
- Bouncy. Don't get bogged down by failure, real or apparent. Bounce. Keep moving. The language of improv theatre talks about accepting offers that others give you. Accept offers from life and keep things moving.
- My interview with Wade Jackson, who knows a whole lot more about improv than I
- The book Linchpin talks extensively about operating without a map; about building your own map
- I haven't read it (yet), but have heard multiple people I trust recommend www.improvwisdom.com/Home.html">Improv Wisdom