Wednesday, 9 January 2008

37Signals still sucks, but at least they have an exit survey

I've found that in the web 2.0 world I expect companies to listen to me, even though only a few actually do.

A while back I blogged about how 37Signals makes it nearly impossible to downgrade your account once you've signed up to a paid one. I got no response from that post, or from the email I sent them, so today I cancelled my account.

They have one redeeming feature: an exit survey. When I have cancelled is exactly when I want to give you a piece of my mind. So hopefully 37Signals really reads and takes action based on these exit surveys.

But it does beg the question - why couldn't they listen before?

2 comments:

37blogger said...

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear your experience with Highrise wasn't ideal. I know it's very frustrating that there isn't a way to localize files right now, and thus, downgrading is a bit of a pain. We're working to make this a lot easier in the future, and hope when we make some more improvements you'll give it a try again.

- Sarah

Simon said...

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate your comment.